What we’re doing internally and the importance of planning
In the spirit of full transparency, we thought it would be worth taking a minute to discuss how Common Interests has prepared for emergencies.
- Our first priority is the security of our clients’ accounts and our ability to provide access and up-to-date information in times of crisis. To this end, we have conducted rigorous due diligence on our partners, and have evaluated their business continuity plans. We invite you to read the business continuity plans for our key partners here:
- Vanderbilt Financial Group (our back office) has a detailed plan which you can read here.
- Fidelity Investments (our primary custodian) makes it’s plan available here.
- TD Ameritrade (our custodian for Orion accounts) makes it’s plan available here.
- We have been in contact with our other vendors and technology partners, including Emoney, Albridge, Orion and others. We are confident in their abilities to maintain a consistent level of service as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread.
- Our second priority is making sure that our firm is protected so that we can continue to serve our clients. Too many people rely on us for us to get sick. Here are the steps we’re taking:
- Our office functions almost entirely on cloud based systems. Our phones, trading system, meeting platforms, website, and client files are all hosted on separate secure cloud servers with redundant backups. We converted to these systems in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, and have been training and preparing for the next disaster since then. We have relied on these systems to continue working from the road at conferences in the past, and have full confidence in our ability to continue to serve our clients from anywhere with a stable internet connection and a power outlet.
- We re-configured our scheduling tool to provide additional clarity and make additional options available to our clients, while restricting non-client meetings. Our firm has offered Virtual meetings for years, and we’re extremely comfortable meeting over video chat with screen-sharing. To protect both ourselves and our clients, we are encouraging everyone to meet with us virtually or over the phone.
- Give the new configuration of our scheduling tool a spin below! We’re here to talk. Please feel free to use it to find a time to chat, even if you only have a quick question (there’s an option for that!)